How to bake Krusti’s pastries
From Croissants and Pains au chocolat to Twisted chocolate pastries, Apple pockets or Raisins rolls, follow this simple instructions!
- Krustri frozen pastries
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 mL of milk
- for VEGAN pastries, the egg wash can be replaced by coconut oil 🌱
- 12 to 15 min : Croissants, Pains au chocolat/chocolate croissants, Pains aux raisins/Raisins rolls, Torsades/Twisted chocolate pastry
- 20 to 25 min : Chaussons au pomme/Apple pockets
- If the air in your home or apartment is dry during the winter we advise to add a small bowl of hot water in the bottom of the oven overnight when the pastries are raising
- For better conservation, we advise to keep the pastries in an air tight plastic bag in the freezer
- Remember to take the pastries out of the freezer the night before you bake them (range of 6 - 10 hours before baking)
- Before going to bed (or at least 6h before you want to eat the pastries) take the pastries out of the freezer and place them on a baking paper on the oven tray. Let them grow overnight.
- Take the pastries out of the oven, turn on the oven on fan forced mode and 180°C.
- Separate your egg yolk and white. Place the egg yolk in a small container and mix it with the milk. Apply your egg wash mix on the pastries with a brush.
- Once the oven is at the right temperature, place the pastries in it for 12 to 15 min. (You can turn the tray at 180° after 6min if you notice that your oven doesn’t warm up the same way the pastries in the front and in the back).
- Take the pastries out when they are cooked as you like them!
- Enjoy and let us know how it went ! We love to hear from you.