8 mother's day special breakfasts to surprise your mom on Mother's Day
We've all heard the story: mum wakes up to a surprise breakfast in bed of barely edible eggs and an incredible mess in the kitchen on Mother's Day.
It doesn't have to be that way this year. Here are several delectable breakfasts that kids will feel like they made on their own - with a little help from dad, of course.
1. Avocado Toast - This easy cuisine is incredibly trendy right now, and it just requires the use of a toaster in the kitchen. To make it a little fancier, top it with a fried egg and crumbled bacon.o
2. Overnight Oats - Breakfast prep begins the night before, and the presentation is stunning despite the fact that there is no cooking involved! Alternatively, you may make this meal more sophisticated by frying the eggs.
Put the kids in charge of toasting the croissant or English muffin and putting together the finished sandwich. In the meantime, the grown-up can handle the stovetop cooking.
Mom will be blown away when she sees these colourful and beautiful yoghurt parfaits. In a transparent bowl or champagne flute, layer colourful fruits, crunchy granola, and yoghurt.
3. Pancakes — Making pancakes is a breeze, especially if you use a mix. Younger children will certainly need to be supervised, but everyone will enjoy measuring, pouring, and flipping.
4. Fruit Skewers — Purchase pre-cut fruit or have the kids clean it while you chop it. Put them on bamboo skewers with the help of the youngsters. Boom.
5. Waffle Bar – Don't try to make Belgian waffles because they're quite labor-intensive. To kick it up a level, use a mix (or even frozen waffles) and set out lovely toppings like fruit, whipped cream, or hazelnut spread.
6. Breakfast Casserole — While it may take a long time to prepare in the morning, all of the prep work is done the night before, and you can perform any stove-top browning or cutting of vegetables before the kids get involved, so they won't even notice. All they have to do is put everything together the night before and bake the next morning.
7. Pigs in a Blanket for Breakfast – Cook some breakfast sausage links ahead of time, then let the kids wrap them up.
8. Quiche – Nothing says “this is a special breakfast” like a quiche. It’s way easier than it sounds in that it’s mostly assembly with little to no stove-top cooking where kids could get burned. Plus, how gorgeous is quiche? Mom will be blown away!
Special: Krusti brunches - Or just choose one of the Krusti brunches that has everything ready to surprise your mom, and you avoid all the hassle of cooking! All of Krusti brunches can be made in 15-20 minutes and comes in sustainable packaging.
Time to surprise your mom! Have a great Mother's Day!